Editorial Guidelines - Advertising Policies
Landing Pages / Destination URLs
- Advertisements that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- Advertisements must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behavior (ie. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
- Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
Social Barn References
Advertisements cannot imply any endorsement of the product, service, or ad destination by Social Barn.
Ad Copy and Image Content
- Advertisements must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- Advertisements must clearly represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised. Products or services promoted in the ad must be directly available on the landing page.
- Advertisements must not include unsubstantiated claims, including but not limited to prices, discounts or product availability.
- Advertisements cannot insult, harass, or threaten a user.
- Advertisements must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive.
- Advertisements will not be permitted in cases where a business model or practice is deemed unacceptable or contrary to Social Barn's overall advertising philosophy.
- Advertisements, or categories of advertisements , which receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed in violation of community standards will not be permitted.
- Advertisements cannot contain, facilitate, promote, or reference the following:
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Scams, illegal activity, or chain letters;
- Get rich quick and other money making opportunities that offer compensation for little or no investment, including "work from home" opportunities positioned as alternatives to part-time or full-time employment or promises of monetary gain with no strings attached;
- Uncertified pharmaceutical products;
- Inflammatory religious content;
- Politically religious agendas and/or any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
- Hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language of such individual or group;
- Content that depicts a health condition in a derogatory or inflammatory way or misrepresents a health condition in any way.
Prices, Discounts, and Free Offers
- Advertisements cannot be deceptive or fraudulent about any offer made.
- If an ad includes a price, discount, or 'free' offer,
- The destination URL for the ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the ad has displayed;
- The ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
Advertisements for Alcoholic Beverages
- To the extent permitted by law and these guidelines, advertisements may only be targeted to the following age groups:
- 21 years or older in US;
- Comply with all local required or recommended industry codes, guidelines, notice and warnings, licenses and approvals;
- List your permanent address if required by local law.
- Include content (including but not limited to celebrities, characters, imagery, or the depiction of situations) that is intended to appeal to anyone younger than the permissible targeted age group or is otherwise associated with youth culture (this could include, by way of example only, implying that the consumption of alcoholic beverages is fashionable or the accepted course of behavior for those who are underage);
- Contain ad creative that includes any person that is or appears to be under the age of 25 or is otherwise suggestive of the presence of anyone younger than the permissible targeted age group;
- Be untruthful or misleading about alcoholic beverages, their use, effects or properties;
- Portray people consuming or encourage people to consume alcohol rapidly, in excess, or irresponsibly;
- Portray abstinence from alcohol consumption or moderate alcohol consumption negatively;
- Associate the operation of any vehicle or engagement in any sport or potentially hazardous activity as having taken place during or after the consumption of alcohol;
- It is recommended that all advertisements contain text that promotes drinking responsibly (for example "Drink Responsibly", "Drink Smart" or other similar text customarily used in the targeted market).
Copyrights and Trademarks
Advertisements cannot include any content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right. The advertiser must have intellectual property rights to the creative and be permitted to display such creative as advertising on the Social Barn Site.
Advertisements cannot contain, facilitate or promote 'spam' or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.
- Advertisements must not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads.
- Advertisements cannot contain or link to a site that facilitates or promotes:
- Collection of demographic and usage information from a user's computer without the user's express consent;
- Collection or request of Social Barn usernames or passwords from any user;
- Proxying Social Barn usernames or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the Social Barn site;
- Any software that results in an unexpected user experience, including but not limited to software which (i) "sneaks" onto a user's system and performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user's computer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for fee, (iv) automatically downloads without Social Barn's express prior approval, (v) presents any download dialog boxes without a user's express action, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
Our Apps Include:
Track your success
Real-time stats show page views, visits, and likes by both fans and non-fans who visit your page. Try different promotions to see what goes viral and what doesn't.
256 bit file encryption
Free Trial - Try Social Barn!
Try Friend Gate Free for 30 days. If you are not absolutely happy, cancel and pay nothing.
Fan Gate and Status Scheduler are Free forever. No long term contracts. Cancel or change your apps at anytime.
Testimonials - Customer Love
"We just started using Social Barn to require our visitors to like us on Facebook before we present them with our restaurant coupons. So far we've seen great results, and it's so easy to use..."Brandon Orth, Co-founder Menu Mob